Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Little Things

Upon catching up with a friend the other day, she told me that she read my last blog post when I talked about my life being boring. She said "Your life isn't really boring, is it?" It made me think. No, in fact, my life is not boring. Sure, I'm no longer gallivanting around the world or anything like that, but each day my life is made decidingly not boring the little things. And it's the little things that count, right? Right. So here's a description of some of the little things that have recently made my life wonderful. We'll actually call them little things because that sounds so dear, doesn't it?

Little Thing #1:
Please tell me you remember this. Or perhaps I was the only one who experienced this in childhood. Regardless, I was still delighted when I saw and promptly purchased it at the grocery store. Judge me, but I love the fact that I can hatch tiny dinosaurs in my bowl of brown sugar oats. 

Little Thing #2:
Forgive me if this is old news, but I recently came across this cover, and I am fairly obsessed. I love the sincerity with which Sara Bareilles performs.. guaranteed to give me goosebumps every time.

Little Thing #3:
On Tuesday evening, I got to hang out with my accounting all-star big sister, Rachel. She is the smartest person I know and the sweetest to feed me so much. She also loves Harry Potter like no other. Her husband is nervous to take her to Harry Potter Land because he's nervous she'll think it's real. But for real, she's the coolest.   (more details to come in future posts about how awesome my family is.)
Told ya.
Anyways, Rach and I have always had so much fun together, and this evening was no exception. The evening's festivities consisted of grocery shopping, dancing around her basement apartment and slipping on the floor (very much reminiscent of our childhood), and Oreo truffle making (yummm).

 Little Thing #4: 
Writing my Christmas list. It's that time of year! No, crazies, not the time when we can start decorating our houses and blasting Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree. That is not until AFTER Thanksgiving, thank you. But, back to the point. Christmas list writing has to come far before the time that we can actually start celebrating the Christmas season. My most wanted item is a good pair of boots to handle this upcoming Utah weather. I have been looking for a while and was thinking maybe these ones? It's also necessary for me to own some business professional clothing since I am now in the business school.. hopefully I'll find some suits that aren't so stuffy.

Little Thing #5: 
I've recently started taking a different walk to get to school, and I have not been disappointed. I get to soak in the magic of all of these really cute, old  buildings and walk through crunchy, colorful leaves the size of my face. I am pleased with the results of my daring to break free of my daily routine. Though I am nervous about slipping on the sidewalks once winter comes.

1 comment: